The perfect harmony of cream cheese, oats & berries. A delicious treat after dinner or for afternoon tea on Sundays.
½ cup all purpose flour
1 ½ cup rolled oats
½ cup finely chopped walnuts
½ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup butter (softened)
½ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
500g cream cheese (softened)
395g condensed milk
3 tsp gelatine
⅓ cup cream
Zest & juice from 1 lemon
¼ cup boiling water
Fresh berries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°c and line a 22cm baking pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the rolled oats, flour, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt with the butter until to forms a crumb-like texture.
- Place crust mixture into pan and press firmly on the bottom and sides of pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the oven or until lightly browned. Set aside on a wire rack to cool.
- Melt the gelatine in the boiling water until dissolved.
- Combine the cream cheese with the condensed milk until smooth then add the gelatine, zest and juice from 1 lemon.
- Add in the cream and mix well again and place into cooled crust and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Top with fresh berries and serve.